Sunday, December 16, 2018
St Michael’s Catholic Academy
Gloria Delgado Theater
3000 Barton Creek Blvd
Austin, Texas 78735
Don’t forget we are closed Saturday, December 22nd through Friday, January 4th! We hope everyone has a great HOLIDAY!
Combo 2-3 yr classes: We will have in class performances Monday, Dec 10th – Saturday, Dec 15th. Each class has prepared a dance and will be showing some of their favorite activities and songs. The performance will be approximately the last 20 minutes of your regularly scheduled class. Each student is welcome to wear something special, but no costume is required. If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know. Don’t forget to bring your camera! We will be at the studio, so space is limited. We understand this is a special moment and you will want to invite your family, so please use your best judgment.
Looking forward to next semester, classes resume on Saturday, Jan 5th and we will be planning a nursing home show in May. The May nursing home performance is a great show we do each year for all of our youngest dancers. Family and close friends are invited and the residents just adore watching the little ones dance. The date is TBA and more information will be available in the Spring.
I also want to invite all the dancers to attend our studio performance for our older dancers on Sunday, Dec 16th at the St. Michael’s Catholic Academy. We will have three shows, 1:30, 3:15, 5:00. Each show will last about an hour and admission is free.
All classes except combo 2-3 yr classes: On the attached page you will find a final order for each performance. If your dancer has more than one dance, please check and let me know if there is a problem. Some important things to remember for the show are listed below.
- Performance is Sunday, December 16th at the St Michael’s Catholic Academy, Gloria Delgado Theater 3000 Barton Creek Blvd. Please see the attached map for parking and entrance location.
- Arrive at the facility approximately 20-30 minutes (not any earlier please) before your scheduled time and plan to stay for the entire show. Come dressed completely for your first dance and don’t forget to wear your cover-up!!! Cover-ups are very important in the dance/theatre world because they protect the costume from being damaged and are a sign of respect to the community.
- Each class will need a stage parent to assist in lining up the dancers and escorting them to and from the stage. You will be able to watch your dancer dance from the audience!
- All classes will sit in front with their stage parent and will line up on stage left when their dance name is called.
- Costumes are fairly simple for this demonstration and a $25 costume and $55 performance fee should have already been paid. This fee covers the costumes, accessories, rental of the facility and staffing for the performance. Please don’t confuse this with the Spring costume fee that is due December 1st; if your dancer is participating in the Sunday, May 19th recital.
- Makeup is optional, and hair should be worn up, away from the dancer’s face. Each teacher will specify a hairstyle for their dance. I do encourage light blush and a natural color lipstick but it’s not required.
- Please no flash photography during the performance. Parents are allowed to take non-flash photography and video from your seats or from the back. Please be respectful and courteous of the others around you and do not stand or block the aisles during the show.
- Flowers and trophies will be for sale at the performance. If you want to buy flowers, I encourage you to buy them at the performance. The money earned from the flower sales will go directly to support our SDC “company” dancers.
- Regular classes will continue through Friday, December 21st. Our holiday break begins Saturday, December 22nd through Friday, January 4th. Spring classes will resume on Saturday, January 5th!
Spring Recital 2019: The performance is Sunday, May 19th at Westlake High School. Dress Rehearsal will be on Monday, May 13; Tuesday, May 14; and Wednesday, May 15. Dress Rehearsal is required for students participating in the recital. Students participating will only have to attend one day of dress rehearsal, not all three day. The studio will schedule what day your class will attend.
The costume fee is $65/child or $70/XLC to adult and will be due with December tuition. After February 1st, a late order will require an additional fee of $5 to cover individual shipping. Costumes will not be guaranteed to arrive on time with a later order. Please do not confuse this fee with the December costume and performance fee that was due on Oct 1st. In addition, there will be a May performance fee of $65 ($90 for families with more than one student) due May 1st.
If your dancer is unable to participate in our Spring Recital, please let me know before December 5th so I can remove the costume charges from your account.
Please arrive at 1:00pm, the show will start promptly at 1:30pm
“Christmas Time in Texas” Wed Adult Tap Ms. Nancy
“Silver Bells” Tues Contemporary 5:00 Ms. Ellen
“Hip Hoppin’ Around the Christmas Tree” Wed Hip Hop 6:45 Ms. Leslie
“Cool Yule” Mon B/T/J 4pm Ms. Ellen
“Santa Rap” Mon Boys Hip Hop Ms. Rebeca
“Up On the Housetop” Mon Combo 4:30 & Thurs 11:00 Ms. Sarah
“Sleigh Ride” Thurs Ballet 10+ 7:30 Ms. Sandra
“Candy Cane Lane” SDC 5 Ms. Sherrie/Ms. Ellen
“Christmas In the Sand” Tues Ballet/Tap/Jazz 4:30 Ms. Sarah
“Carol of the Bells” SDC 4 Ms. Maureen/Ms. Mara
“Winter Song” Sat Ballet/Tap/Jazz 11:00 & Mon Contemporary 4:45 Ms. Lauren/ Ms. Ellen
“Underneath the Tree” Mon Jazz 7:30 Ms. Sandra
“Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” SDC 2 Ms. Sarah
Please arrive at 2:45pm. The Show will start promptly at 3:15pm
“Marshmallow World” SDC Mini Ms. Sarah
“Carol of the Bells” Advanced Contemporary 7:30 Ms. Toni
“Twisted Nutcracker” Thurs Hip Hop 4:00 Ms. Rebeca
“Candy Cane Jane” Wed Ballet/Jazz 3:30 Ms. Ellen
“Jingle Bells” Tues Combo 3:30 & Thurs Combo 1:30 Ms. Sarah
“4 Carats” SDC 6/7 Ms. Amanda/Mara
“Winter Wonderland” Thurs Ballet/Jazz 4:00 Ms. Ellen
“Thrift Shop” Thurs Hip Hop 3:30 & Mon Hip Hop 4:00 Ms. Mara/Rebeca
“White Christmas” Sat Combo 10:00 Ms. Ellen
“Charlie Brown Xmas Remix” Wed Hip Hop 4:15 Ms. Rebeca
“Let it Snow” Tues Combo 4:00 Ms. Ellen
“Dream Bigger” Advanced Hip Hop 7:45 Ms. Leslie
Please arrive at 4:30pm. The Show will start promptly at 5:00pm
“Turkey Lurkey” Still’ Dancing Company
“Suzy Snowflake” Fri Combo 11:00 & Fri Theatre Arts 1:30 Ms. Mara
“Frosty the Snowman” Sat Combo 9:00 Ms. Ellen
“Christmas Joy” SDC 6+ Ms. Maureen/Sherrie
“Do You Want to Build a Snowman” Wed Combo 2:00 Ms. Mara
“Where Are You Xmas” Mon Combo 2:00 Ms. Sarah
“Polar Express” SDC 3/4 Ms. Ellen
“Little Eskimo” Tues Combo 2:00 & Wed Combo 2:00 Ms. Mara
“Rockin’ Around the Xmas Tree” Mon Combo 3:30 & Fri Combo 10:00 Ms. Sarah
“Musical Sleigh Bells” SDC 5+ Ms. Sherrie
“Parade of the Wooden Soldiers” Fri Enrichment 4:15 Ms. Mara
“Merry Christmas Remix” SDC 7 Ms. Rebeca